Published January 5, 2022
CUB is seeking a motivated intern to support our outreach program. The intern will support CUB’s outreach events and help people understand their electric and gas bills, how to reduce energy waste and save money, and their options for renewable energy.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in a career in energy, environmental issues, and/or consumer advocacy. The intern will be encouraged to build their professional experience and network as a part of the internship, and CUB’s staff will make introductions to professionals in areas of the intern’s interest.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to, prepare for, staff, and follow up on CUB’s outreach events (expected to be a combination of remote and in-person)
- Assist the Outreach Director with special projects. Examples include attending meetings with partner organizations and providing note-taking support, conducting research on consumer-related energy issues, and writing blogs on energy topics for CUB’s website and newsletter.
- Additional tasks to support CUB’s outreach program efforts
- Interest in energy, environmental policy, and/or consumer advocacy
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including being comfortable interacting directly with the public
- Ability to work effectively in a remote capacity. (CUB can provide a laptop.)
Details and compensation
This is a part-time internship: 10 hours per week through May increasing to approximately 20 hours per week June through August. The exact dates of the internship will be determined depending on the candidate’s availability. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
The internship is compensated at $17 per hour. CUB provides a cell phone stipend and a transportation stipend to help with costs associated with traveling to the office, and reimburses travel and other expenses.
The intern will be working in a hybrid environment. Currently, staff mainly works remotely, and works from CUB’s St. Paul office approximately one day a week. While in the office, the intern must be willing to follow COVID protocols established by our landlord. When in person outreach events are held, the intern will need to be able to travel to events around the Twin Cities metropolitan area, including suburbs.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Initial review of applications will begin on January 31.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Carmen Carruthers, Outreach Director, email@example.com.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?