Did you know October is Energy Awareness Month? I know its only August and we’re not trying to rush to fall, but we do have to plan ahead and hope you will too. We’re starting to book talks and utility bill clinics for October, one of our busiest months of the year.
Fall is a great time of year to promote energy saving tips and talk about renewable energy options. As our temperatures go down, heating bills go up. It’s a perfect time to get ideas of how to keep your bills as low as possible and think about how energy gets to our homes. To get in the mood to save energy and money and learn about your energy options, invite CUB to your workplace, neighborhood club, or civic organization for an event.
We offer free energy bill consultations that only take 20 minutes per person. Consumers leave with a lot of ideas to reduce energy use in their homes and save money. (Many people will save $150 or more right off the bat!) We can organize consultations on site for a group — we call it a bill clinic. Participants pick their appointment time through an easy online RSVP system.
Educational presentations are another popular service. We customize each presentation based on the interest of the audience. Here’s a sampling of topics that have been popular this year:
- Understanding your utility bill: Why do you pay what you pay, and how can you reduce those bills?
- Greening your energy use: Sorting through your renewable energy options
- Smart homes: Understanding how home technology can help you manage energy use
- Energy trends: Big picture discussion about changes in energy generation, distribution, and usage
- Help with bills: Overview of programs that help households struggling to pay energy bills.
Finally, if you would like CUB to table at your upcoming expo, neighborhood celebration, fair, etc., let us know. We’re happy to chat with attendees and provide educational materials to help consumers reduce energy use, save money, and understand their energy options.
CUB is here to help! Thanks to support from members and funders, we are able to offer these services free of charge. To organize an event, give Carmen a call at 651-300-4701 ext. 2 or send email to email@example.com.