Need help? Call 651-300-4701

Call Now   Contact Information

Apply Now for Energy Assistance and Weatherization

Energy Assistance

Are you struggling to keep up with your energy bills? Homeowners and renters who meet income guidelines can apply for energy assistance.

Energy assistance is a grant that is paid directly to your energy providers to help cover your heating and electricity bills. Energy Assistance Programs are organized by county or Native American tribal government. Click here to find your local provider or call 1-800-657-3710. You can download an application or request that your local providers mail you an application.

Applications are being accepted now through May 31, 2018 for the 2017-2018 heating season. Agencies will begin their application review process at the beginning of October.  Funding is provided annually and can run out, so it is better to submit your application sooner than later.

Weatherization Assistance

If you qualify for Energy Assistance, you may also be able to receive Weatherization Assistance. Weatherization Assistance, also available to both renters and homeowners, includes a free home energy assessment. Based on the recommendations from the energy assessment, the program may also provide insulation, air sealing, and other upgrades to make your home more efficient and reduce your energy costs long-term.

The same agencies that administer the Energy Assistance program also administer the Weatherization Program and can assist with the application. As with the Energy Assistance program, funding is limited, so inquire with your local provider early in the season.

Author: Carmen Carruthers

Leave a Reply

Stay in the loop!

Get the latest updates with CUB's monthly newsletter.

You have successfully subscribed to the newsletter

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.