CUB seeks a creative, strategic, and detail-oriented individual to support our consumer outreach programming, communications, and membership and contact management.
The Outreach and Communications Coordinator will be in the field with CUB’s consumer outreach team, will create new opportunities through communications with supporters and via social media, and is responsible much of what happens behind-the-scenes to make CUB’s programming and advocacy strong. This is an excellent position for someone with one to three years of experience who is excited to help advance a successful and growing organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support and staff consumer outreach programming.
- Represent CUB to the public.
- Provide individualized consultations to consumers regarding their electric and natural gas service.
- Give group presentations in settings such as work places, congregations, and community organizations.
- Staff CUB’s table at public events.
- Manage pre-registration, event set-up, and other logistics.
- Follow up with attendees after events.
- Carry out online communications.
- Maintain and update CUB’s website. Coordinate blog publication schedule among staff, author blogs, create event webpages, maintain resource library, design homepage graphics, and generally keep the site up to date. Develop and execute strategies to improve the site and visitor engagement.
- Engage and help to grow CUB’s follower base on CUB’s social media channels (primarily Facebook and Twitter).
- Coordinate content for and send email newsletter and other email communications to CUB’s network.
- Manage CUB’s membership and contact database.
- Enter data and maintain contact and donation database.
- Prepare and send thank-you notes, membership renewal reminders, and other member communications.
- Create strategic contact segmentations to support specific outreach and policy efforts.
- Coordinate CUB’s end-of-year giving appeal.
- Create engaging and professional designs for CUB materials.
- Help to design CUB materials, such as website and PowerPoint presentations.
- Take photographs at CUB events.
- Maintain behind-the-scenes metrics and documents.
- Record outreach program metrics and impact.
- Maintain metrics of CUB’s media mentions.
- Maintain staff manuals for the website, database, events, and other procedures.
- Take minutes at meetings of CUB’s board of directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A creative and strategic mind.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professionalism and ability to represent CUB in public forums.
- Self-directed, with flexibility to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to connect with a wide range of people.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs.
- 1-3 years of experience with similar responsibilities.
Candidates who have outreach, database, website, and/or communications experience will earn distinction. A sense of humor also helps! Individuals from communities traditionally underrepresented in utility advocacy are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits; salary is commensurate with qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance; sick and vacation time; retirement; and short- and long-term disability coverage; as well as stipends for transportation and cell phone expenses. The position will be based in CUB’s downtown St. Paul office.
Send a resume and cover letter by July 26 to:
Annie Levenson-Falk, Executive Director