The Citizens Utility Board is continuously learning about energy consumers in Minnesota so we can assist them on energy matters to the best of our ability. With community solar programs becoming more popular, CUB staff would like to learn more about how people became involved with these programs and to better understand the customer experience. This allows CUB to better assist people who are interested in programs such as this in the future. CUB staff are looking to have a short conversation with individuals enrolled in community solar programs on the following topics:
- How did you find out about the program?
- What was the process to join?
- What were your motivations for joining the program?
- What are the characteristics of you subscription (size, location, kWh output, etc…)?
- What are the terms of your contract?
- What were the promised financial returns and what are the actual returns?
- What is your level of satisfaction with you subscription?
- How would you recommend the process you undertook to enroll in your community solar program be improved in the future?
CUB would also like to review your contract, electric bill(s) and your community solar bill(s). CUB intends to use this information to better understand your customer experience. All information you share with us will remain protected and confidential.
If you are enrolled in a community solar program and are willing to help CUB better understand this experience, please email our regulatory director Joseph Pereira; firstname.lastname@example.org.